Personal History Statement
You are being asked to provide information about yourself that will be used in an investigation to evaluate your suitability for employment with the Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office. The information for the background investigation includes information collected from you, criminal records, drivers history, questionnaires and personal interviews.
– All information requested must be supplied and is subject to verification.
– Deliberate inaccuracies, omissions, or incomplete statements will remove you from the employment process.
– If a question does not apply, please enter “N/A” in the space provided.
– It is your responsibility to make sure that all information is accurate.
– It is to your advantage to answer all questions truthfully and completely. Any negative factors in your application will be evaluated in terms of the circumstances and the facts surrounding the event. Honesty and Integrity are key factors in the employment selection process.
– You will be required to bring the information below prior to interviewing.
o Copy of Birth Certificate
o High School Diploma, GED or transcripts
o College or University Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
o Original copy DD214 (if applicable)
o Copy of POST Certification
The contents of this packet will be considered confidential and will only be used for investigating employment suitability with the Kiowa County Sheriffs Office.
There is one exception to the confidentiality of your background investigation. Should it be discovered that you are currently, or have been involved in criminal activity; the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction will be notified.