PATROL DIVISION EMPLOYMENT
CURRENTLY ONE OPENING
Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office
- Must 21 years of age;
- Must be Colorado POST certified;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED at time of application;
- An applicant is not required to be a US Citizen to apply, however, they must have documentation that allows them to live and work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Documentation is specified on the Form I-9 issued by the Department of Homeland Security;
- Applicants must have a current and valid State of Colorado Driver’s License.
- Applicant must be willing to serve a one year probationary period;
- Applicants must be willing to live in the County of Kiowa and be living in the county two months after the time of employment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate fluently in English verbally and in writing;
- Must meet the standards of the Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office Drug-free Workplace Policy including passing a pre-employment Drug Screen;
- Must be available to work 24/7 as needed for emergency response. This includes availability to work weekends, nights, holidays, and rotating shifts, and work in all weather conditions;
- Applicants must be willing to be fingerprinted and must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, psychological examination, medical/physical, physical fitness/agility tests, and submit to a pre-employment polygraph;
- The background investigation is based on the following criteria, including, but not limited to: Driving history, criminal behavior/history, alcohol use/behavior, drug use/behavior, and integrity. If you omit any material fact on your application/testing materials, whether intentional or unintentional, you will be disqualified. If any disqualifying information is discovered at any stage of the selection process, you will be removed from consideration for the position;
- Vision must be unimpaired or correctable to 20/20 and must possess depth perception, night vision, near acuity, far acuity, accommodation and field of vision including peripheral;
- Must be able to hear and understand voice and radio communication either aided or unaided;
- You must be able to meet and maintain the Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office grooming standards upon employment; at time of appointment, the grooming standards will be provided to you.