Glen Davis wheat field fire 011

Kiowa County Commissioners do require a burn permit. Please contact Tina Adamson 719-438-5810 before burning.


Sheriff Frazee requires that all controlled burns be called into our dispatch (Bent County Dispatch 719-456-1363.) When the controlled burn is extinguished call the Sheriff’s office and advise that is is completed.

If Kiowa County is under a Red Flag warning or a burn ban the dispatcher or Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office employee will advise you of this and tell you can not burn

You will be held responsible for any damages caused by your burn if it gets out of control

If the burn gets out of your control call 911 immediately